We are back with more recommendations!
Share with us your favorite books, what you are reading right now.
Check our recommendations posts, you might find your next favorite or another Bookporner to share your thoughts about that haunting book you just read!
- caeru sent us a lovely message! “I love your rec posts; I’ve found a whole bunch of books I want to read now!”, we are glad you did! =D She was reading Mudwoman by Joyce Carol Oates and An Utterly Impartial History of Britain or 2000 Years of Upper Class Idiots In Charge by John O’Farrell. Favorites: Doomsday Book, of the Oxford Time Travel series by Connie Willis, As Meat Loves Salt by Maria McCann, The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber, Swordspoint from the Riverside series by Ellen Kushner and Hallucinating Foucault by Patricia Duncker.
- ladybadasskillington recommends Blueprints for Building Better Girls: Fiction by Elissa Schapell, “It’s a collection of short stories about American women and it’s AMAZING”.
- dreamverse recommends A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick, “The most engrossing novel I’ve read this year, with a film that actually does the book justice. Must-read for any sci-fi or K Dick fan, especially those that have seen the film without realising it was based on a book”.
- sketchesandbooks was reading Botchan by Natsume Soseki. Favorites: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, Memories of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel García Márquez, The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, and Delta of Venus by Anaïs Nin.
- joseon-queen also recommends The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, that is part of The Cementery of Forgotten Books series. “The language was very simple but was written in such a lyrical, enchanting manner I felt as if I came to Barcelona myself”.
- starchaser1874 was reading A Feast for Crows from A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin. And always recommends Ender’s Game from Ender’s Saga by Orson Scott Card. “It is just a damn fine book”.
That’s it for tonight!
Keep reading, Bookporners!